Monday, December 28, 2009

Got some fresh air with the bay girls on sunday

It was sunny and calm and felt nice out on sunday. I had been going to ride saturday, which was forecasted to be the nicer day but after some sun around 11 am it was clouding up and a cold breeze by the time I was ready to try to ride around 2. Never wait when the weather is nice is the rule around here. But I lucked out with the nice weather on sunday. Mia was snoozing in the sun when I grabbed Shade so I thought I was safe to take Sadie too. Well Mia wanted to come then but went in the house for me pretty willingly.

I think I may need a pommel riser insert with my barefoot saddle on Shade. I will have to try with a rigged up one. After looking at the video of me riding her my stirrups are not really behind me so I think the feeling I've had may be coming from the saddle being a bit low in front. Its an easy thing to play with at least. I still really need to get my riding muscles fit, and should take some lessons to improve my technique/equitation. But I felt better on sunday and I had added a thin wool pad under the skito so it effectively made Shade a bit wider. Of course I was also distracted on sunday ponying ms Sadie. If she weren't a runt I might be tempted to ride her a bit already. But being runty she'll get to wait until fall 2010 to be started, or possibly later if I think she needs more time to grow up. The trainer I have in mind does quite a bit of long lining and would probably just do ground stuff I requested it. I really just want her started, I can deal with a lot of greenness, but I'll leave the starting itself to an expert.

No comments: