Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thankful I finally got horses wormed!

Also thankful its just mom dad and I this year so we can do a meal any day of the long weekend or not at all, although I asked dad if he wanted ham or turkey today so it would be rather low of me to welsh at this point. I wanted to try the roasting bag method for turkey but we don't have any celery and I only bought 3 onions and intend to use half of one to make more hot stuff. Dr thought dad has a virus that has been lingering for 3 weeks and mom thinks she probably got it now. All the antibiotics she has been on she has very little immune system so she probably did catch it. I felt like I was coming down with something last week, hit the zinc hard for 3 days. Feels like I may have a quite subdued version. Some stuffiness and coughing up just a tiny bit of crud so I've been taking the hot stuff mixture at least 1x/day trying to ensure I don't get a full blown version.

I rode Razz today. Was thinking about riding Shade but she walked off and Razz came up. Worked out well, I didn't ride very long and then I wormed all the equines. We had a good freeze early this year; I could have wormed a month ago and I didn't get a summer worming done even for Sadie but shrug, they are wormed now. Shade and Grey have been seeming just a bit thin lately. They aren't bad. I've been feeding everybody but AJ the crappier hay since I don't ride much in winter and I don't have enough good hay to feed unless I segregate just Shade and Grey to feed --and they are not wild about the hay I bought. So I'm feeding more 'grain' and a higher fat/calorie grain as well, got the over due worming done and will watch and see if I need to change horses around and switch hays. Hopefully I can continue like this at least through december.

No comments: