Tuesday, November 17, 2009

beware the electronics vortex

Sorry I couldn't invent a better term but it is being a bad period for electric devices for me: I have mislaid my card reader gizmo for the camera and my mac won't download the pics using the camera cord. CPU's make life so much better except when they SUCK. No pics from me until I either find one of 2 readers I should have, figure out if I need to install software from HP or break down and buy yet ANOTHER reader. My pics aren't worth a huge amount of effort or expense so I'll probably coast for a bit.

I have mislaid my cell phone too. I guess perhaps I'll have to call it tonight when I get home.

Then there was the drive to Meeker when my alternator died, I was lucky to be traveling with dad and sis and we had 2 vehicles and we were able get it fixed that day but along with the trend ....

My horse trailer has a fuse between the battery and the charge controller panel. It burned out on the trip --related to alternator?
Who knows, since we had a generator along which was working to power things when it was running and my trailer was plugged into it or I could turn on my pickup and have power and the weather was mild we did not search too hard up there --we thought my control panel might need to be fixed by a pro or possibly my battery was bad as I had let it get low on water.

Today I left my key card (at home?) so I will have to be careful tonight not to get locked out of my office suite area when I use the bathroom.

Hopefully that is all.

No comments: