Monday, November 23, 2009

Sure is monday

my ISP or possibly just my home cpu's were having some trouble finding websites sunday and my blog was one of them so I wasn't able to post when I was happy from riding Razz on saturday and riding Shade and ponying Sadie on sunday. The weather was NICE, and it was a very pleasant surprise to have both days be nice when the extended forecasts had been predicting snow, then just cold fronts early last week. So let me type it again and remind myself that I have lots of happiness in my life. I rode twice on the weekend and got Sadie out and she was fun. Sadie has such a pretty floaty trot, I bet she'll be even smoother to ride than Shade AND I think she is going to be a lot less reactive. Still an arab but I *think* she is going to be bold/curious about a lot of stuff she notices where Shade sees danger first and then has to decide to check it out farther.

But its monday. Mom and dad are both sick. Dad must have got some secondary thing after having a cold when we were hunting. Or its a stubborn virus, he is tired and sleeping a lot. Some coughing but not a lot so I don't know about bronchitis or anything. Mom is sick as ever although I don't *think* she has jaw pain right now. Well she has been practically bedridden for so long it will take time and plenty of effort for her to get back to normal even if the jaw infection or whatever is fully gone. Sadly my reaction, especially with mom is just being irked because her dragging around moaning makes me feel like being lazy.

Co-workers mentioned the CRU "hack" (data dump IMO). They are not dismayed by the un-science that has been revealed, only that its now a harder sell to get the public/government to sign on to reduce CO2 emissions and its wrong for blogs to air those emails -well if there were only a couple bad emails out of the thousands it would bad to air them; but I don't think there is a whole lot of 'cherry picking' in selecting emails to publicize. Sighhhh, this is why I don't even begin to discuss politics with them, I don't want to hear it if they think the D's and the commie agenda are still 'da bomb'.

Not one of the 4 with kids responded to my email about kids coats to send to Iraq either. Not even 1 "sorry already dropped em off at coats for CO, or Salvation Army or no outgrown coats this year."

SNARK warning ::: I guess I shouldn't be surprised --they are liberals and want the government to handle all types of aid etc so they aren't obligated to be charitable or do anything---at least they think they want the government to handle things. They won't like it if they have to get a bureaucrat to sign off first when they want to drive to TX to see family or fly to Europe for vacation but it will be far too late by then.

No comments: