Saturday, November 28, 2009

Stuffed to the gills

I was hungry for some real food today so I heated the ham up instead of waiting for tomorrow. Its over 8 lbs so plenty left to keep feasting tomorrow. I also made scalloped potatoes for the first time. I know they are pretty easy but I've never made them and mom was sleeping off the flu. I was able to find a recipe it called for using powdered coffee creamer -that sounded yucky but it gave me the basic outline of flour and spices, butter and amount of milk/cream to use. They turned out pretty good, I don't think they tasted as good as moms usually do but they weren't nasty and watery. I also baked the yams I bought and for the record --yams need to be in pan or at least have a drip pan under them. Didn't set off the smoke alarm or anything drastic but did drip gooey yam juice on the stove bottom and make some burned smell.

I also rode Shade today. Second day in a row. We ponied Sadie on friday when it was 70F. Today it was low 50's and breezy. So I didn't want to mess with the sassy 2 yr old and Mia was wanting to come. Yesterday she was content to sleep at home and keep an ear and eye on the place. Worked out nice for me because I wont take Mia unless I can hop off and grab her leash that I make her drag, I just don't trust her not to get aggressive if we meet another dog.

I loff my bay mares. Well honestly I expect I will love Sadie but until I'm riding her its just fondness and anticipation that I think she'll be a fun ride. But I love Shade, she is just a wonderful match for me.

No comments: