Tuesday, November 24, 2009

I love a short work week

Fairly busy today with work stuff so very good. I like having manageable scale things to get done it makes the work day go so much faster. I should get to some neglected personal obligations but its been nice just riding and doing a big of pen cleaning at home. I needed a stretch of fairly mindless tasks. Bought a temperature outlet control today. Should save some electricity on the tank heaters. I want to get some timing ones too but the co-op only had christmas light ones that start at dusk and can be set for X # of hours. I want to get something that can be set to go on at say midnight and off at 6am. If I had that and the temp on top so the heater wouldn't get juice if it was a warm night then I could just leave things plugged in. Oh well we have horse pens set up so that we only have 2 tank heaters this year and I could make it one and might do that if we get a long cold stretch but graining is much easier with them in these 2 groups. I can tailor grain at least somewhat and they usually get what I wanted them to have.

No comments: