Saturday, June 27, 2009

'SPA DAY' for the equines today

Shade likes chiro work. She didn't get as much into the zone today, probaby because she was only needed minor tweaking but I got to calling it her spa treatment last couple of visits when she was getting floppy lips and ears and all the other horse body language for aaaaaahh yesssss, right there. CJ got the full effect today. He started out not wanting his poll touched --he is such a laid back horse an earlier owner or trainer must have been really rough with him to cause that. But once he figured it out he was licking and so on for the most part. A couple spots were kind of tender when they came free, but overall he thought this chiropractic was a GOOD thing. Grey also got a little work, he is so funny, he was really showing eye whites when his neck was being adjusted but he didn't fight or anything.

M came in the late morning to ride AJ, arrived right as I was getting grain ready so I went ahead with pulling Sadie out so I could spray her and put some swat in her ears. I hope she develops resistance rather than allergies, she gets bite lumps; I think I remember Shade did too when she was younger and Shade is fine now. Then I did some trailer loading practice with Sadie. She is not quite ready to step hind feet into the trailer but was really relaxed, munching off the hay bale I had sitting in there, ready to load into the front stall with the stud divider --which makes it the feed and stuff securing divider for me AJ was good for M and later C came and rode RazzMo, I did some goatsheads removal while she rode.

After recovering and it cooled off I got my overhead tie 60% installed. I would have been able to finish but I managed to lose one of the six 2x4 by .25 inch pieces of iron bar. Sighhh, now I have to find someplace that can cut off a short length of bar stock and drill the holes for me. I might swipe a piece from my other tie on the bumper pull trailer so I can close up my project sunday.

No comments: