Sunday, June 14, 2009

early monday blues

I rode Shade today, that was OK, 9 pretty good road miles. Been raining every day and we had about .4 inches yesterday. I think the field roads or going somewhere to trail ride would have been OK footing but I was too lazy to want to trailer anywhere and decided it would be a good opportunity to ride the roads for a change of pace. I don't like to ride roads when they are baked hard as asphalt later in summer. A stupid little dog followed me home. Would not let me check for a tag with an address and I tried to hollar at him to go home but he ignored me so I decided I'd go home and then run him back with the car. Mia was patient with him, whew. I was trying to get him back where I noticed him start following us, and his owner noticed him runnign behind the car (he would not let me catch him in our yard any more than he would let me check for collar when I was off Shade right after he started following us) She was just very relieved to find him and didn't give me any grief for not waiting and/or doubling back (I had actually tried doubling back but the little dog nor Ole would backtrack when I turned around, durned dogs)

I did not get a ride on Grey Moun -- it rained again today about .3 inches. Helped mom pack crap up and then the neighbors came and moved the furniture out of the basement room so the mold experts can pull out the carpeting. I pitched in but I was kind of annoyed that mom didn't start on the packing on her own. I know she is sick but it still feels like a case of wanting to ensure she didn't do more work than anyone else. I also ran out of steam and did not ask dad to help me start mounting my high tie nor try to do it myself --pretty sure I need someone to hold it so I can pick the spots to drill. Maybe I could just measure from my little trailer though.

I'm almost done being on call, knocking wood that an SV that is normally good, but was missing data last download will be back to normal this download. I'll know in 40 minutes. I am trying not to be a big baby, wanting other people to make me happy, but am feeling like I'm being brushed off on a few minor fronts and having a hard time with it. That is silly so I probably just need a really hot shower and a longer nights sleep tonight.

No comments: