Monday, June 8, 2009

Big Blessings and minor annoyances

I went trail riding with an endurance riding friend and her co-worker on Q's older horse yesterday. Blessing, I was running late and they graciously waited for me for over an hour, annoyance -I was running late and Shade and Grey decided it was the day to run around for 30 minutes before being ready to be caught. Blessing -the weather was wonderful, they had wanted to get an earlier start because it got hot on saturday but it stayed overcast and a cool breeze all day riding --and then last night on the news they were talking about all the tornado activity. I haven't seen a map but I think we both might have been driving home through surrounding storms if still a bit out of the tornado track if we had been on their originally desired schedule.

Blessing Shade was pretty good and felt fairly strong going up the big hill. We climbed 2500-3000 feet. There is an endurance ride in two weeks on those trails. I am entering Shade in the 30. That was my thinking before doing this training ride and I think its the wise choice. We went about 20 miles and I still had a willing horse but she was tired, she was alternating betwen dozing and eating back at the trail-head. Minor annoyance Shade had a very 'mare' day. She was opinionated a couple times I asked her to lead and was trying to take over Q's gelding from Q's mare --this with Grey Moun back at the trailer.

Big blessing, as I pulled up to our driveway gate to take off I realized I had not locked in my bulldog hitch. This is also a minor annoyance that I didn't do that right away but its a big blessing that I did not have to find out how well the trailer chains work. Minor annoyances -dad had found a magnetic mount antenna for me to use for hooking up my gooseneck, he figured the magnet was too weak to leave it in the bed --he was right, now I have to buy a guide at an auto suppy or someplace. Another minor annoyance. My in bed diesel tank shifted -blessing I had wired it so it couldn't go very far but now I have to get a pry bar sometime and shift it back where it belongs and secure it better.

No comments: