Friday, June 5, 2009

Well I'm riding Shade moderately

Not sure if any of the other horses can be said to be getting even light work. Rode Grey just a bit saturday when Razz's leasor was out, and probably will do the same tomorrow. Didn't get on either CJ or AJ last weekend. I need to get on AJ if mom is not going to be up to it. She talked a good game driving home but what energy she has is just going into landscape stuff. If she did more permanent stuff I would count this a good thing but she is VERY light on pruning, or ever fixing anything. She does do some weeding but spends too much time planting MORE stuff. She is talking about putting in astroturf where the lawn is dying so perhaps she is coming around though.

I DID have good ride on Shade today. Short, barely 5 miles but it was pretty fun. I was a task master and kept her trotting and cantering quite a bit after we got to road 33 and I tied Mia up. Ole got hot and went home before I came back past the prairie dog town. Mom was complaining that last night the dogs insisted on going a bit and he swerved off to play. I told her my theory that he thinks prairie dog towns are doggie amusement parks.

I need to write 'my' soldier this weekend. I didn't get his package off till tuesday but had meant to keep the letters on friday evening schedule but I don't have a card along and I just am not in the mood to write right now. I never am, I cheat a bunch and borrow from my blogging, its incredibly difficult to write one-way letters. He's probably bored stiff hearing about horses and dogs but I don't know if he has any interest in a sport. I could blather a bit if he was, I used to read the hockey write ups when I still lunched with the co-workers but I'm not going to do that without a known interest in football,baseball, nascar or whatever. No politics, and one can not whine to someone serving in sweltering heat, away from their family so that leaves me with horses, dogs, and the occasional rambling about work which I'm sure is mind numbing, its numbing for me just to type out what the all the danged abbreviations stand for.

No comments: