Sunday, June 7, 2009

weekend plans?

Was a friday Q on a forum. I didn't have any set plans yet on friday though. Well I should be getting something ready or at least quick drinking my coffee today instead of typing here; I'm meeting an endurace buddy to ride in less than 2 hrs and its at least a 1 hour drive. Yesterday C was out to ride Razz and the gal came out to try AJ. She is going to get along fine with him but mom was guilt tripping and throwing negativity after the ride when M was signing the lease form. Sheesh, I know summer is kind of light on the sports she likes to watch on TV but she is dragging about being sick again and she seizes any excuse to skip riding, cant miss arena football. She should be thrilled to have someone riding AJ so he'll be ready if she gets better and wants to go back to week night lessons. We have plenty of other horses that could use work if she gets to a point of wanting to really get after toning her riding muscles, and she feels like it would be too much work for AJ. Its just the reality slap in the face I guess but I wasn't pushing AJ for lease, CJ's leasor mentioned riding to M, they work together and I wasn't going to turn down the chance to have him getting some work again. I'm the one who will be stuck trying to place horses if mom ends up dead or in a nursing home and I've seen enough sad ads on CL that I didn't want to start from "Hasn't been ridden in years, or for CJ/Razz, green broke never been ridden regularly.

Back from my ride, tired but happy. I think Shade is too. She was being a mare today, nobody could get very close behind her, especially the other mare, she cut the gelding some slack. At one point she seemed to be claiming posession of the gelding, LOL, from the mare that lives with him. But Shade was pretty good, she set a decent pace when we led, not fast but not dogging much. She stopped dead a couple times and insisted Cimmaron must lead though. I think we went about 20 miles total. It was just as well my friend Lynn couldn't get away to ride I was pretty tuckered by the time we were done, + I was running really late this morning. The friends I had arranged to meet were waiting nearly an hour for me and we didn't get done until about 3:30 (Q and originally wanted to finish by 1, but she wanted to keep going as we were heading up the trail, I hope she gets her stuff done for her trip w/o having to stay up till all hours.

No comments: