Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Ugh, we didn't get to be lazy at the LazyHC sunday

After giving all the horses I would have been most inclined to ride the day off after their spa treatments, I rode Shade sunday, getting a late morning start. Had not connected to make any meet and trail ride plans so just rode from home. I'm such a good little greenie when I'm not hauling for hours to an endurance event. I was noticing I was getting quite a helmet hair feeling and wondering if I would break down and shower when I returned instead of waiting till after finishing my high tie project and etc.

And then the hay grower that puts up certified hay called. If we wanted to make sure we got certified hay from her and not pay an extra $2 surcharge we needed to run over and pick up hay out of the field. Mom and dad actually asked was I coming when I plopped on the couch to check email and forums whilst waiting for mom to actually be ready. Well I guess its nice I got them trained to not just take for granted I will drop everything for their projects --BUT I need certified hay on some of my endurance trips and mom was certainly in no shape to lift bales onto the truck after being sick for months and dad is pretty old and fat --beside which loading off a field is best with a driver, stacker and person to lift hay onto the pickup or trailer for the stacker. Since we were only getting 25 bales we didn't mess with a trailer. Sheesh the first rows of bales we fetched had some bales that were pushing 70 lbs. I felt weak and puny hefting them onto the tailgate.

I cannibalized my high tie from my old trailer that I'm keeping for day trips for my bar iron piece and finished up my project, plus took the tractor out and disked some goatsheads in the mini's area and the arena where I had missed a couple spots, then mom wanted to move hay stops so I drove the tractor over there and helped dad with handing him the chain and unchaining so I had a full day before I got to take my longed for shower -- you bet I used the baking soda in the shampoo trick to cut thru the scalp crud. I learned that a couple years ago from a forum. Heh, all that time spent on the internet has had some real benefits.

No comments: