Friday, May 1, 2009

skipping the kenlyn ride unless I flipflop overnight

I have been known to do such things, but by this mornings forecast its a pretty good chance of rain, low 50's temps and 15-20 mph wind. Low 50's and calm and little chance of rain would be pretty good, but it was misting this morning and not a lot of wind and Shade still wanted me to give her some hay in the shed so she didn't have to eat outside in the weather.

Poor little desert mare, she hates cold/wet. And since I was not really wanting to do the ride anyway I am not going to drag her out to likely have to tough out cold and wet at least at the vet check just to get a guaranteed good training ride in. Now I just have to call L. She likes to ride endurance style but has not been interested in actually entering rides so maybe I can make a 'date' to ride with her and have a good conditioning spin away from home. Maybe on monday, since sunday is showing increasing chances of being rainy as we go along.

I should ride CJ and AJ and probably Razz this weekend. I may have a rider for AJ to start in June. So I have some time but I need to see how much training he has left after so much layoff and just a bit of work at C's 2 years ago (I think he had some work before he injured himself there but it was not a lot.) CJ's rider has been busy at work this week and didn't make it out all week and he was being a bit of a jerk with her last week so he should have some tune up. I should buy some rubber ends for Razz, as the gal keeps trying to be nice and ride with hardly any contact --and ends up with some bumping as she posts I think.

No comments: