Thursday, May 14, 2009

more riding fun

Tuesday I rode Grey Moun, I took Mia and tied her to a big power-line pole so I could go south, she hesitates for stickers and I don't want her heading home on her own, lest she go to the neighbors yard instead of home. Tying her is working well. I did this once last week and I repeated on wednesday when I rode Shade. It was breezy and cool staring out so I took Mia north down the road. Gaah, I don't ride an arab to get that kind of workout when I ride. Push push with my legs because she was being such a big sissy looky lou. But she perked up when we turned for home, then we had a decent ride heading south. Much less dumped trash to give the evil eye to. Shade was even pretty good about the crew installing some above ground pipeline. And today I didn't feel like grabbing Grey again, woke up with a bit of a tight back (Shade did one big jump --like something stung her, on Wednesday and I didn't fall off or even get off center, she just went straight up the one time, but I must have basically clenched my back and set up some mild spasms)

So I didn't want to ride Grey, he is my sweetheart but he's kind of bouncy. I grabbed Cindy --and Sadie too since it was looking like I'd have a hard time getting thru the gate w/o her crashing. Curried a bunch of scrurfy dander off Cindy. I should really shampoo her. Sadie got tying practice, then I took them both down the road just to the corner and back, leaving Mia tied in our yard. The leasor was riding RazzMo, finishing up just as I started out. Both leasors are working out well. I do not feel like I have to babysit as they ride. -That was the idea, but sometimes things don't work out. I did ride a few sessions with C, but she seems to be doing well now without needing another horse to give Razz some energy w/o him getting excited so thats cool. Its good for me to do some ringwork and only when she is out do I actually do any on my horses; but it is WONDERFUL to be able to just say hi, get Razz his grain, and let her do her thing while I tend to other stuff.

No comments: