Monday, May 11, 2009

good rides

Friday riding date was delayed --L was eager to switch to saturday too. OMG, why is the first time I trailered out and rode with other people this year? I had such a good time. L was tired from riding a couple days earlier at Indian Peaks. Sounded like a miserable ride of going thru brush due to downed trees so I'm not too jealous about missing that. She had brought a gal that boards at a neighbor of Ls. M and Findlay were great. Youthful enthusiasm that pulled Shade and I to ride more and faster than we would have done if we were setting the pace. Just what the dr ordered! L actually quit after one loop but really encouraged M and I to continue, what a sweetie. We had fun and since I kind of know some of the area we went quite a ways, hit an area that was new to M and had no trouble finding our way back. When we were back at Chatfield where I don't know all the paths M was familiar and took us on all the trails to get straight back to the trailers. I would have wound my way there but it was nice getting guidance on the known trails with nice river crossing spots etc.

This morning I rode moms tb, AJ. Yesterday I had hand grazed him and he got to eat quite a bit of grass while I searched for tack. He hasn't been ridden in ages --never by me. I think his bridle with his Happy mouth apple flavored bit got left at the trainers 2 yrs ago when he was to get tuned up while mom recovered from knee surgery. AJ went over a fence when they took his pasture mate out work it, and scraped his back leg --he always scrapes about the same spot on the front of that RH leg -- and heended up mainly getting a lot of bandaging while mom was too laid up to deal with it. But I had to just use RazzMo's SS mullen mouth bit. I suspect we'll have to just buy a new bit for AJ, and probably a headstall too, sigh. But eventually I had him tacked up and tooled around just W/T in the little riding ring we have. I sure would like to expand the area a little bit, but its probably too much hassle for the small gain in size we could get.

No comments: