Tuesday, May 26, 2009

well they survived, but

I felt horrible last night when I saw how much of the hay I had set out to cover feeding through monday evening was still there. I should have called again on sunday and went over things with the neighbors who were feeding for me. Dang, I'm sorry guys. They did not seem too desperate when I went out to give them a good feed, course they were hiding from the rain and had barely noticed us getting home. Sadie asked me to feed her outside the shed, she didn't mind the rain but she was HUNGRY and didn't want to risk getting pushed out of most of the food. Of course I obliged her. I fed pretty generous again this morning. Sadie CJ and Cindy had eaten all the hay I gave them. Shade Grey and RazzMo had been more picky. Ugh, I don't want to take any family trips now -but not sure mom is any better. She used to be pretty reliable I felt like my horses were getting great care when I was gone, but not so much since she got sick. I think I'll have Dr Mike pull blood on Sadie and Cindy just in case I want to drag them along so I can control their care for any trips I take.

No comments: