Thursday, April 27, 2023

Started working on a dad care document today

 Got over my angst and working on spelling out what to do for people that come in.   Next up I have to get over my angst about actually getting a POA and get started on that process.    I think subconsciously I feel like if I have dad sign an official POA I'll have more legal jeopardy if some busybody Karen decides I am not doing things right.   That probably is not even correct, may well have more potential jeopardy handling things w/o having gotten a POA.  

My friend B texted me today,  just asking how I am doing.  I'm not sure how to respond.  Oh well, just keep putting 1 foot in front of the other for now. 

Friday update.   I should add a bit more to the care doc but just feel stuck.   I should make some phone calls but dragging my feet on doing that.   I want someone to hug me and say its ok.   Bought some honey silver wound ointment just now.  Maybe it will help dad's sore on his lower back better than just the zinc oxide cream.  I suppose I should buy an earwax cleaning kit, he doesn't seem to be hearing well the last couple days.   Ordered the earwax cleaning kit and some drops to soften earwax.  Dad is ornery today,  I suppose tired and grumpy because of the rotten sore on his lower back.  It does not look awful but he is uncomfortable and can't sleep well.

  I'm split between "well you want to stay here at home instead of going somewhere with staff where they might not have to mangle you with a sling to get you out of sitting in your piss and could probably do more to prevent and heal little sores" and feeling like a really crappy caregiver for giving him the sore. But I need to just quash my grumpy, guilty feelings and just move forward as best I can.   I did one small admin task today and got my old cellphone auto-refill canceled.  I've had the new phone which I got with a new # for 6 months.  Oh well, it was no biggie paying for the old el-cheapo plan as well as the new el-cheapo plan.   I need to call banks to go in and get signature authority and for the one bank I need to get his account #.  Not sure how to go about that.  Probably I should search harder to try to find deposit slips or checkbook with his account info on it.

Saturday p.s.   arghhh.   Dad's cell plan that I canceled has sent a final bill "we are unable to process the C.C. that was set up for autopay"    Freaking Bank of America and consumer cellular.  That should not have been a problem.   I keep paying extra on the BOA trying to get a month without having to get dad to sign a check since they never sent the snail mail password for online access that they SAID they would when I was moving his ccs to online so I could set up autopay from his checking so he certainly is not behind on paying it and I don't 'think' it expired, I sure don't recall him getting a new card.    It should not be a big deal,  I should just be able to pay it online with my card but why does every little admin thing have to be such a PITA to get done?  

Sunday p.s.  Arghhhh arghhh arghhhh.    Consumer cellular did not seem to have a way to pay online without registering.    So I called the ph # and the idiot automated voice took my cc #, and did not give an option to confirm or change name.  So they probably used dad's name and the charge won't go through.  I will wait for email from Chase before trying to pay with dad's other card.   p.s.  Looked at the bill again and I should be able to send a check.  Still what a PITA.   I have not had email from Chase so maybe that charge went through.


No comments: