Monday, May 1, 2023

Dear visiting home care aides

 Don't give me attitude about doing upstairs housework or throwing my clothes in the washing machine after you've finished dad's laundry.   I'm busting my ass to keep my job cuz I don't have work that I could just do anywhere and my stupid management has us overloaded, keep the critters cared for at least at the keeping them fed level, keeping the bills paid, keep the place from totally falling apart, take care of dad's paperwork and take care of dad the XXX hours a week that you aint here.  If I took a long sabbatical from my work, things would probably break down, they'd lose contracts and I wouldn't have the job to come back to.  Plus I like having the job; without it I'd probably get OCD over dad's health or the stupid yard work and so on.  

Put on you big girl panties and use your training to soothe dad if he is getting agitated because I'm gone.   If I didn't need a bit of a break you wouldn't be here and I don't need to hear that he is agitated when he can't see me and have to deal with the guilt trip.  He can't get out of his freaking chair so its not like he is going to harm you.  However it may be helpful if you go do something in another room instead of hovering over him if he is agitated, maybe you are making him feel like he is a facility. 

You are here to take care of him, but its okay to ask me if I'd like some bacon or whatever if you are cooking for him.  I don't generally like anyone fussing over me, but sheesh, I'm not a robot, I do eat too. 

No comments: