Sunday, May 21, 2023

The good , the bad and the ugly

 The good.   I was thinking Lady can't digest anything and I'd have to put her down soon.  By greatly reducing, I think I'll just drop it altogether, her beet pulp she started eating more pellets and with green grass to graze she slicked out and her weight looks pretty good to me.   Now I think if I can get some good alfalfa mix hay for her she may do fine even after the grass dries up.   

Tanzaknight has been really nice for me riding in the paddock and last night I took a super short ride on Sadie and she was good too.  

I was able to get the riding mower running and have knocked down the weeds in the farmyard twice this month.   The yard looks pretty decent.   

The house is cleaner that it has been in years.   I've had bored home care aides wash the inside windows, clean out the fridge and clean up the lazy susan's in the spice cupboard. 

With the addition of vervain and 5-htp or whatever Dad's mood has improved.  By adding the the ginkgo? his mind seems sharper and he started to watch a few of his favorite old westerns again.  And he got stronger and has managed to get to his portable commode a couple times all on his own.  I'm pretty confident any of the aides can manage moving him from chair, to commode, to bed for cleanup on their own now.  

The bad/ugly.   I don't think RazzMo's ear looks great.  I gave him the whole jar of Uniprim but his ear is still kind of oozing and crusty where the sarcoma was.   

The initial break in the skin on dad's back is nearly healed, but the whole area where I have been 'bandaging' is deep pink / red and has like pimple like eruptions, and today I noticed a spot on the side of his heel.  Possibly it is just callous and a bit of sock stuck to it but if that becomes a sore its another bad spot to try to heal up.  

Tanza keeps removing his RF shoe.   The two spots I think he got something under the shoe and yanked it off are fixed now.  I will try a full set again on Friday.  If he removes a shoe on that set, then he is going to be sporting shoes only on the hind feet and I'll have to fight to keep easy boots on his fronts if I ride trails where there will be any rock.  I do keep hoping I will get out and ride some trails,  probably I need to just haul out without trying to meet anyone.  I'm a bit nervous with the energizer bunny, but he is a good horse and has only ever done stupid shying riding along the ditch road at home.  


No comments: