Wednesday, May 17, 2023

Humpday.

 I need to complete the PITA self evaluation for performance reviews.    I hate those things.   Make up some goals based on what I ended up doing (because like most of us I blow off doing quarterly self reviews and making goals for the next year.)   

And of course it is not even sufficient to say "I made this, this, and this, work"  Oh no,  we also have to come up with some some statements of how we contributed to increasing DEI at the institution.   Honestly the fact that I am one of a few employees there that come from a real working-class, rather than upper middle class, background is probably the biggest thing but I don't feel like I can go there.  It has to be all "oh I listen and value the opinions of folks from other races and cultures and work to make them feel included"  Well I am WFH, so I aint playing miss personality at all.  Best I can do is that I'm equally distant and gruff with everybody.    And thankfully I don't have to paste on a fake smile and pretend to be good with someone having body dysmorphia in the form of gender confusion or swapping.   That is the person who is in charge of the DEI program but I don't interact with her.   When she was first hired there she gave off a somewhat butch lesbian vibe but now I guess she is no longer her preferred pronoun, the name is changed to something more masculine sounding.   I feel like that change is just about being in the smaller minority but whatevs. 

No comments: