Saturday, April 8, 2023

Today I am off to buy a used Hoyer lift for dad from a CL ad

 He is suddenly too weak to even get himself out of his chair.   Crazy, just a week ago I bullied him into going to the neighbors to get his hair cut so he'd get some sun and he was resistant about going anywhere but he was able to walk to the garage and get in the car and then back thru the house after his haircut and visit.  

 Hopefully the lift works out, I have a bit of trepidation that it is going to be very hard to even get a sling under him in his chair.  But if he can't keep using his comfy chair to sleep in then being at home would hardly be nicer than being in a nursing home which he doesn't want to do.   I for sure don't want him stuck in a yucky hospital waiting to get into a nursing home.  The NH would have social activities and folks his age to talk to to offset not being at home but a hospital would just be constant interruptions by nurses doing rounds but no real company I think.  

The health care agency is probably going to cancel me.  I've hardly used them and I think they have a clause about not dealing with people who can't get around at all.  But hopefully the gal coming today will be willing to at least catch up on some of the house cleaning that has gotten away from me.  


No comments: