Thursday, April 6, 2023

I took a short ride on Tanza today, just in the pen

 Toby was all keyed up when I got Tanza saddled so I put Toby in the house cuz I wanted a relaxed ride.  I kept it short and sweet, I haven't been on a horse in weeks.   Tanza was very good.   I cantered him a bit each direction and was not just smiling but was giggling with joy. 

Yesterday dad was unable to make it to the bathroom when I asked him to 'get cleaned up' before having supper.  I ordered a handicap commode with same day delivery, at least getting some value from my Amazon prime membership this morning and it was a blessing that it arrived today.    Dad wanted to try crutches so I found them.  Just as I suspected they didn't work out well.  They might be better support for walking long distances but he isn't strong enough to get standing and using them.

I also ordered a wheelchair that is supposed to deliver tomorrow and called the home health care place to have someone come out Saturday.   Tonight I ended up moving the cheap hospital bed up to the portable commode so dad could just lay on it to get cleaned up after toileting.   I need to hire a full time live in aide or give up and put dad in a nursing home.  I've been punting on getting anyone in, partly thinking dad isn't even going to live that long but that is stupid, some people live for years in a bed ridden state, but now that he is so weak I just need to get a lot more help or put him someplace that is designed and staffed for dealing with someone who can't get up on their own.   

I was feeling like I've been voted off the island yesterday and today because I didn't get a text about the neighborhood ladies meeting that I think is 1st thursday of each month but its a good thing I didn't go, with dad needing to use the commode shortly after I would have left.  

I must call the tax gal tomorrow.  I took care of the RMD distribution dad/I had forgotten and emailed the PDF from that transaction to her and have not  had a reply.    Yesterday work was crazy.  Clocks were out and the three of us that know a bit about their processing all spent hours before we figured out the cause and the solution to get them working again, and that was after a new data flow was turned on that morning and I and my supervisor were scrambling to get our scripts working.  Little things like lower case to capital letters in the naming regex  from the sample to official data flow had to be fixed. 


No comments: