Tuesday, April 18, 2023

Tax day frenzy

 Heh not really any tax frenzy, although I did just put the Colorado return in the mailbox and am trusting the local post office to date it today.   Put the Fed return in the box Sunday and did verify it was picked up and not left with the delivered mail (I'm bad about not getting the mail every day so if I don't have the flag up sometimes the mail person just shoves the new mail in without getting my outbound letters) 

I've had care people in now 6 or 7 days in a row.   Taking a break tomorrow, have them coming in Thursday and Friday mornings as I have appointments.   I need to schedule to get people in on Saturday and/or Sunday.   Need to check the weather, if it is supposed to be icky I'll probably only do one weekend day, but if its going to be nice I want to do outside stuff even though I don't see myself hauling out to ride yet.  Baby steps getting back in the saddle,  Tanza has been awesome for me doing short paddock rides Sunday and a week or so before that.  

I'm reaching for stuff to have the aides do.  Some of them really want to just keep busy with housework chores while not actively caring for dad.   I had the gal last night wipe the spice jars and clean the years of gunk off the little plastic lazy susans we keep the spices on.    Tonight having the aide wash the bedding from downstairs that sis and her DH and their dogs used.  

After she helped me get dad changed we had him walk back to his recliner instead of messing with the lift.  He made it and was pretty happy about that,  I was too. 

No comments: