Tuesday, April 25, 2023

Zombie mode again.

 Dad has been quiet through the nights recently but I'm still in zombie mode.   Last night I woke up, thought 'get up and pee Now'  and knocked the floor lamp next to my bed over when I reached to turn it on.   So got to spend 10 minutes or so groggily sweeping up broken glass and then running a damp mop to hopefully get any stray tiny glass shards, and finding a desk lamp to put on my headboard so I would have light to navigate for the middle of the night bathroom trips.  

I need to call the service to schedule aides to come in again but it feels like having an aide in doesn't reduce my stress any.   They want a list of stuff to do since Dad only needs very intermittent care.  Plus dad is not communicating real well lately and hardly ever asks the aide for tea or whatever.   I wander in from upstairs or outside and ask if he wants tea or a snack to get food and liquid into him.

Mostly I am still in ARGGHHHH are you kidding me mode because the one young twerp aide dumped bleach in my laundry last thursday when I was going to the dentist.   Who doesn't know to use the bleach dispenser on the washing machine?   Surely they all have one these days.  And I didn't even want my jeans bleached,  just the towels and bedding of dads but I was about running late for the dentist and didn't spell things out for her.   And then the one on Friday seemed a lot brighter and was very helpful, washed all my inside windows but she didn't clean the lint filter on the dryer when she did a bit of laundry.  Again RUFKM?   Who doesn't know you clean that filter before drying each load?  It says right there to check it.  

Sunday got an intelligent young lady but still she wanted an exact list of things to do.   I put her to work putting some framed pictures into clear plastic page protectors.  It was a good start on sorting thru a bunch of those old pics but I had wanted to just be outside vegging out, not having to think.  

No comments: