Saturday, April 1, 2023

I need to go get some sunshine

I have a list of indoor tasks, but they'll wait for a bit.  Even if I only groom Tanza I want to hang out with him for a bit.   

Sunday p.s.  I was moving slow and by the time I was ready to go outside dad was stirring so I dealt with the wet chux and got the zinc ointment on him.  He has a couple of spots that look like angry red rash but it was his choice to skip me washing him and applying the zinc most days for a couple of weeks.    By that time it was time for the horses' noon hay so I just gave them their hay and then used the shedding blade on Tanza, Lady and CJ.  

Spring has sprung and now that it is thawed I need to clean out Sadie and Razz's pen.  I need to blast the neighborhood text and see if anyone wants some horse manure for planting beds.  I sorted through dad's last years tax return.   He/I may have failed to take his mandatory 2022 withdrawal from his IRA and will have a tax penalty.    They didn't itemize, the property taxes for ND come out as expenses for that rental income, so the Fed return is not terribly complicated.  But I will keep the HR block appointment for the ND and CO state tax forms, it is a PITA dealing with state returns with income from different states. 

S texted at 12:30, would dad want to get his haircut at 1 pm and inside or in the sun.  He was feeling blah and didn't want to do anything but I thought the company and sun would do him good.  I pushed back to 1:30  and bullied him into getting dressed and going over there.  It was about 3:30 when we got home I said "that wasn't so bad was it" and he did agree, no it wasn't so bad.   I was sleepy at that point and just sat and read the big blog for a bit before feeding the horses,  I did drag the wheelbarrow into the mini's pen and filled it.  

Made dad eggs and bacon for supper and I ate the getting old left-over ribs from 2 weeks ago.   Sis and B are right, it is NOT great BBQ, but it is decent when its fresh and is a reasonable price for these days.  

A bit before 2:30 am this morning I heard Toby's toenails on the floor and then heard dad's walker so I got up.  Dad had dumped himself out of the lifting recliner; he said he'd tripped on the blankets next to it but I know the recliner was not in that lifted position when I went to bed.   Perhaps its a good sign that mentally he did at least want to use a little white lie and cover up that he didn't realize he was pressing the wrong button to recline before it was too late.   I wrestled him onto the lifting chair,  what a godsend that gizmo is.  Then dad was too weak to stand up and I had to tug him on the chair over to the recliner so he could just slide onto the recliner.   Thank heavens for all the planking and sit-ups I did to improve my riding; even so my back was whinging a wee bit last night and is now twinging again, I'll have to apply more arnica and take another ibuprofen, but its just a bit of over straining the muscles, does not feel like any real damage. 

No comments: