Thursday, January 16, 2014

Second ride of the year was much easier than the first one

That was yesterday.  Sadie barely grumped about going out for me and we did some nice trot and loping as the snow was gone.   No one target shooting or goose hunting so Ole was thrilled to go out.  The Adequan shots are helping him.  He had been having a funny loping stride on his back legs until going at least 1/2 mile or more loosened things up and yesterday he was doing a normal dog trot almost immediately.   So that is good news.   My ankle is bothering me a bit lately, it is good to know that I have that stealth option if doing to the doc and getting some stretches and exercises doesn't fix it up.  I think I would want to try the joint juice before taking a high power NSAID even if the HMO was ready to prescribe one right away.   Of course the P/T is probably the best first thing to try anyway,  I do know from Shade's history that the joint juice probably just buys a few years time before other measures are needed.

No comments: