Sunday, January 12, 2014

nail-biter here at the end of the game

Peyton got two clutch first downs to keep possession for the Broncos after SD got the TD and recovered the onside kick and then got a field goal to make it a 7 point game.   One more first down will seal the game.   Now a good run got it within a couple feet.  Ooh I do not want them to give SD one more chance with 20-30 seconds. 

I can barely stand to get invested in the game to this level,  I don't know how people can bear to be hardcore fans, I'm a Bronco fan, but about as soft core as one can be.  I guess I'm too much of a control freak to enjoy something where I have absolutely zero influence on whether I'll be feeling victory or defeat. 

WooHoo, the offensive line and runner punched it across for the final first down so they could run down the clock and advance to the division championship game.   Manning gets the red forehead from the helmet and has a bit of receding hairline..... and I kind of like it.  Reminds me of the salt of the earth midwest farmers.   I associate Peyton with Indiana and the midwest although I know he's a New Orleans boy and played his college ball in Tennessee. 

I am really wanting to win next week, just so that Peyton can be the one to make Brady have the "huh, I lost" pout, like he did when Eli beat them in the SB a few years ago. 

No comments: