Monday, January 27, 2014

Funny Ole story

L came out and rode with me on Sunday.   She came back from FL early but had a bladder infection.  Now she is worrying that the antibiotic the urgent care place she went to in FL can cause organ failure.   Poor gal,  if you are going to look up information on the internet about a medical drug or procedure you should do so beforehand.  She is a bit prone to reading symptoms and thinking "OMG I have that" as it is.   She does seem to be somewhat prone to health problems but other than negative, fearful thoughts do stress your body I blame that on her going vegan for a couple years (because she read some book that vegans live longer and healthier),  I don't think she had many health issues the first spring-fall when she was coming out to ride before she went vegan.  She was talking about dropping the vegan thing shortly before Christmas so perhaps she'll get healthier again if she commits to fueling her body with decent food.

Ole enjoyed having L come out he always does and he made me laugh.  We were going along and Ole noticed a neighbor walking his dogs along the irrigation ditch road, they had been south of road 6 and came north of the intersection and we had gone the other way and were coming towards 6.  Ole dashed up to say hi to them with tail wagging and then continued south w/o insisting on playing but then when L and I turned west at road 6 to head home Ole kept heading south, blowing me off when I called him to let him know we were turning for home.   L was loping up the hill but I kept circling Sadie looking for Ole and he had crossed the ditch and then was heading south along the ditch.  So  I said we should double back to make sure he wasn't getting into trouble.  He was checking out some bone piles he has found.  I didn't even know about the one on the east side of the ditch and didn't see just where he had been so I still don't know just where it is.   It struck me as so funny that he just HAD to check his stashes when he realized those other dogs had been in that area. 

I rode saturday also.   Got about 8 miles over the two days and much needed vitamin H.  

No comments: