Friday, January 24, 2014

Ace posted about stock market tumbling so I bought more silver

It is getting hard to find interesting bars or rounds at prices that aren't too much over spot so I think I'm nearly done buying anymore even if the spot price stays down here at $20 which seems fairly reasonable given actual inflation and all that.   But still I have to get some entertainment value by buying fun stuff like the chinese zodiac coins or some of the holiday ones etc but not be paying much over the bullion price to convince myself to buy and now I've gotten most of the available ones.

Hopefully I will get a fun ride or two in this weekend.  L is back from Florida and interested in going Sunday or Monday but radio forecast was for it to get cold again Sunday night so she will have to make it Sunday.  Plus I have to go to the mechanic and get my car Monday.   Darn thing got a broken CV axle.   I barely know what that is, know that the CV joint(s) power the wheels so I guess the axle is a connector from the engine to the joint.   Anyway when I went to drive when my last light on my drive home turned green I went a few feet and then was gunning the engine but going nowhere.  I called dad and he towed me home.  I didn't even think of using my US Rider which I guess covers all my vehicles and not just my p/u and trailer when I'm towing.  Even if I had thought of them I would have just called dad since I was only a few miles from home and it was about 10 pm. 

I punted on calling the pyramid (MLM) company and demanding they either remove me w/o written instruction or turn on their fax machine so I could cancel.  Instead I changed my order so that I'm getting some overpriced green coffee pills that cost about a 10th as much as the 'core' program with the disgusting tasting liquid vitamins and other stuff.   I should go beeotch mode on the stupid company even if I did join via the friend but could not summon the energy this week and figured getting the cost down to a low level will do for  this next month.  I'm sure the green coffee pills will be overpriced vs if I bought them at Vitamin Cottage or Target vitamin aisle like the liquid vitamins are but at least its not "oxygenated cell water" that felt like I was being totally ripped off for very diluted peroxide with a bit of trace mineral salt added. 


No comments: