Monday, July 18, 2011

They're coming to take me away

They are not, but this is one of those days when I wonder if they should. I felt lightheaded and a bit nauseated a bit after getting to work today and could not think why. Best guess is I chugged my shake too fast that I ate in the car and I was a bit overheated. I rode this morning and it was FUN, but I was sweating pretty good after I got done so it was a hot day, hot enough to overheat the office that usually runs cold just from escaped air from the AC ducts. Eating something cold does sometimes mess up my inner thermostat. But I hate when I feel off and have no idea why. Not that I'm any sort of Pollyanna when I have a cold or whatever and know exactly why I feel crummy but 20% level symptoms bug me almost as much when I can't account for them. So I was feeling out of sorts until the opened AC vent cooled me off &/or I got over the wee tummyache from drinking the milkshake too fast.

Then late this afternoon I received an email to remind me I have a dental appt wednesday. Me "I have a dental appointment? ?? I don't remember them finding a cavity to fill and I know my next cleaning isn't until November" Oh well I guess they must have found a cavity and I forgot it because of the minor fuss of "oh dear you have some pockets in your gums, its like pre-peridontal disease ....yada yada.... I was inclined to just dismiss this as them drumming up a bit more business/being over cautious but I did have them schedule me in 5 months rather than 6 because I thought of mom and all the sickliness she has been going through the last few years that she thinks stems from not quite right dental implants -- I can pay for an extra dental cleaning per year out of pocket if it reduces the chances I'll go through that.

No comments: