Sunday, July 24, 2011

New plan. Trail riding trip starts before Labor day

Probably the monday before. Sisters SO has motorcycle rally the last weekend in August. If mom still aint ready then we go anyway. We can try to repeat it next year if she can't do it this year. I'll have to let L know that Lady will be available until then. I am tired but I guess I did a fair amount today in small pieces with breaks. It was not super hot or humid here. 92 or 93. Pulled a fair amount of goatsheads, rode Sadie, put out fly bait, should have got that going quicker but the horses will live. Let the horses out to graze, topped off the bigger stock tank and dumped and refilled the smaller one.

Figured out how I can mount my solar panel for the solar lights I bought to put in my travel trailer which is intended to be towed up to WY just for storage. I decided I did not want to try to get it rewired or the propane lines checked out and redone if needed. It will be just be storage, I'd like to get it up there this year and kind of mark where I'll try to put in the actual homestead. Still have to call a plumber and see if they have a std recommendation for setting up well pump,cistern, pressure tank etc for seasonal use. I know I'll want to be able to easily drain things but I think I'd like to get a well and hydrant now that I could power with a generator.

I found wasps nest(s) in the frame where the window I was mounted the solar panel so I did not complete that project. Went out to kill them when it was almost dark and dad was just finishing up knocking the nests down after he sprayed them (my hero.) Unloaded the hay cubes and horse mineral I bought on friday. That turned into a mini-project as I ripped one of the bags of hay cubes getting it out of my car and it split wide open right as I went to step into my trailer so I had to get some empty supplement buckets and put the cubes in those, I guess fate answered my "should I risk the bag getting wet just putting it in my stallion stall" with "no don't" LOL.

No comments: