Friday, July 15, 2011

Life is not all gloom and doom

Dad put my new tires on my gooseneck yesterday and he and P (neighbor) got the third high tie installed on it. I think dad is really looking forward to the trail riding trip. I am trying to keep a positive mindset about it, it IS cool that the parents still want to do such a thing and it will not be a big deal to be acting as the unpaid outfitter along with sis, handling most of the horse care and food prep. (sis usually does most of the cooking, she actually enjoys camp cooking, and I usually do more horse chores when it is just the two of us)

Lynn was out yesterday morning also and we rode. Sadie was askeered of puddles twice (that she didn't even have to cross, just step around them) I just got off and led her and she was fine with me on the ground though. The first puddle was not going to happen with me on her back because I was nervous that she would get into downed wire if she went too far off to either side and she was picking up on my nerves in addition to her own bugaboo about it.

Funny, the second puddle was two puddles in the two track road with dry spot on the higher middle that I was asking her to go on instead of going around the whole thing. When I led her through the dry spot she reverted to her curious water baby days and veered into the right hand puddle to splash with her front feet and nose. I was almost wondering if she was thinking of lying down in it so I asked her to keep on moving.

As long as she will lead calmly through things and stand nicely for me to get back on I am fine with getting off to go past or through scary spots these first few months of riding her. Heck I still get off Shade for some things she thinks are scary (like garbage trucks going by) I jumped off of Sadie yesterday when the garbage truck was coming but neither she nor Lady batted an eyelash about it. I can probably stay on Sadie for most any vehicle passing by on the road, she just doesn't think they are any big deal, I'm going to enjoy that, Grey never thought vehicles were a big deal either it is just a Shade thing.

No comments: