Monday, May 2, 2011

Sunday's riding.

Sadie's first requested canter under saddle --she has had a few strides of sort of whee or spook taking off that I pulled her out of. I think she was wondering if I wasn't going to do that today, first attempt was just 3-4 strides and she dropped down, second time she started, got a bit bouncy then we had several nice strides and I slowed her down. Then I did some more walk trot work, don't want her thinking I'm going to ask her to speed up to a canter every time we trot. She really does have a nice mind IMO.

Then in the afternoon took Shade down the road and let Ole tag along, he was feeling so sorry for himself with me trailering Lady off on saturday and working Sadie in the arena sunday morning. Ahhh, I do love my bayrabs, especially having a nice canter on Shade. Although I needed the canter after she was all googly eyed over some guys enjoying their ATVs and motorcycle. I don't know if they were going to take a break anyway or just stopped to be nice because they saw the horse being all looky loo. --this mare has met ATV's and cycles before on National forest trails and was fine but she sure likes to act like a goober greenie that has never seen such a thing when we ride at home, its no wonder some people hate ayrabs but its mainly a little extra spice of life for me.

No comments: