Tuesday, May 31, 2011

unintelligible work rambling.

Well I was pretty chincy in my paper review. Basically just said is was a mish-mash of stuff with bad graphs and didn't give specific examples. I was in a bad mood wrt to it. Dam global warming shills make me cranky, combine that with some problems in the paper and it just was not happening for me.

and DARN. I set up some processing 2 months ago, was trying to fiddle around to add Glonass data to the GPS by using rinex instead of binex data since only the perl /c pgm guru understands his code to translate binex data into the processing softwares format so I had no way I could ever get glonass data w/o twisting his arm to add it to his translation code and he's always got too many balls in the air. So I dropped the glonass part for now anyway but I have comparing my results go the standard and my clock solutions were significantly noisier. TODAY I checked things again, my results still too noisy and realize that where I thought the std results were really just decimating (darned fancy perl scripting) they really are being smoothed.

So tomorrow I will have see whether I can get this smoothing effects using the main processing software smoothing pgm w/o it being too slow to run etc, then wait at least a day after things are going to see if my results are good enough. SIGH, I like long weekends and vacations but it is too often like a monday squared after them.

If someone else read this and is going rinex/binex HUH? Well I did warn in the header that it would be unintelligible. When people ask me where I work what my job is I usually explain the acronym for the outfit and that is the threshold where eyes will start to glaze over, but if not it doesn't take too much more description just of the group I work for.

No comments: