Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Hump day? More like part-way up the hill day.

Now I have to put something to explain my title. But my work week never feels like its all coasting after wednesday. Only weekends feel like a bit of pleasant coasting --when I don't 'work' too hard on the stuff I do for fun.

I guess I must have knocked my back out of alignment when Shade fell on sunday. I was feeling some soreness after my chiro adjustment so I took ibuprofen. It rained fairly in Boulder for few hours, looked like it was a fairly strong rain by Colorado standards. Now it dry for a bit but sky is still solidly full of low rain clouds. I hope the hay growers near me get some nice rain. I guess after last weeks rain the ground can probably absorb a bit faster rain anyway. With luck I'll stop hearing the weather guessers on TV going on about how outside of the mountains we are still behind normal rainfall. I know its easy filler material for them but it gets so old. The state can barely be said to have a "normal climate" We get warm dry decembers, and warm januarys one year, then we get decembers with 3 feet of snow and cold into march + some additional snow that keeps everything white another year.

I think I will just ride at home (around the local dirt roads) this weekend. There are places I could go and not worry about tearing up trails slopping through mud, and I just had my p/u serviced but now there is a big concern about EHV-1. All kinds of formal events are being canceled and its probably best to avoid trailering out even just for a day's trail ride until its known whether its going to spread beyond the barns/farms that had horses exposed at the cutting event in Utah. I'm so behind on having horses legged up that it barely affects me, but its harsh timing for general horse activities that tend to ramp up in the summer.

No comments: