Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Sarah Palin -- movie coming out this summer

This is making heads explode --on the conservative boards. Palin is a complete enigma to me at this point. I have NO idea if she is intending to run for president and has concluded that the way to reach the apathetic voters is to go full on pop culture in an end run around the media gate keepers who have declared her not serious and just another cult personality, the conservative figure to Barry's liberal cult following with him having ZERO experience and now IMO demonstrated incompetence in the job. OR (ok this is my fantasy hope) perhaps Palin knows how this will drive Barry and some of his Hollywood buddies crazy with jealousy, and she thinks that they will reveal themselves with a competing movie, increasing the public's readiness to embrace a GOP candidate who can remember what year it is and talk for a few minutes w/o needing a prompter.

I don't see Sarah getting the GOP nomination if she runs, unless the class of voters that would be swayed by a movie could also be shifted to participating in caucuses and primaries and that seems rather unlikely. *well I guess it depends on the field. I would vote for Sarah over Huntsmen in a heartbeat. I'd vote for her over Newt also; No way Ron Paul lasts that long. I go with Cain first. I've learned a bit more about Palin and she is more populist than conservative. (increased oil taxes, which AK just hands out checks to citizens with excess revenue and some things like that) Then the rest of the field I have to study them and I would have to study Palin farther and I would have to decide whether to factor in that a lot of GOP/conservative women dislike her -- plus there is the prejudice which I somewhat sympathize with but "ok the media smeared her, but she has not been able to PWN them in interviews, we know they'll smear all GOP folks but we need to have someone that is better at turning the tables on the marxist propagandists.

I can see her launching a 3rd party in 2013 or taking over one of the fringe conservative parties as a counter to a Democratic lite GOP; but I think she is too patriotic to hand the marxists election victories in 2012 by jumping onto a reform/libertarian/american constituion/.... party ticket this election season. BUT my interest in politics only started late in 2008; and I can only stand to listen to Rush (1 hour during my commute) and go to one conservative blog --I cant force myself to wade through the chaff to get news from "general" sources that are usually full of columns written by liberals who pretend to be neutral. So I don't have any real information to base this feeling on --its just my rookie hunch and I doubt that I can read politics like I can read a horse that I'm on.

They used to say politics was acting for ugly people --Palin isn't ugly and she has the Fox gig and had the LC gig, so she doesn't need politics to get attention. In Barry's case it seems to me like its acting for someone too dumb to memorize lines or do ANY ad-lib bits without tons of umms and awkward pauses --and yet libs to continue to say he is smart and a good speaker? I keep wondering if I need to read Orwell's 1984 book, I've heard enough about it to feel like we are in an age of newspeak and the like, and then I think perhaps I don't want to read about a depressing dystopia that we seem to be emulating.

No comments: