Monday, September 8, 2008

Thankful for my Bayrab yearling


I don't get good pics of her, but I sure am happy with my Szybki girl

Yesterday morning I checked out a used car -liked it Yay, if it passes inpsection I will not have to force myself to car shop. Then I took the fencing spade and dug goatsheads from around the fenceline in a back paddock, and finally in the evening I caught Grey Moun and Sadie and we took a quip trip down to and along the ditch road. Sadie was full of herself, when I put Grey in the bottom of the ditch to get on, she jumped it to get the green grass and bucked when she landed and she jumped and bucked again when I was situated and took us back on the road to avoid possible broken glass cuts. But oh MY she has such a pretty trot, and she is so confident. She shows the arabian by scooting past stuff she is unsure of, but everytime she got to the end of the lead she just slowed or stopped with little pressure on the lead - I never had to brace. I loff Grey too, he just trucks along ponying the kid --he leaves all discipline to me, but I rather that than getting too gung ho. He's the one I trust for ponying Sadie. I need to get them both out more often.

The light grey horse in this picture is Lady. She is doing well up in Conifer at the Paso FIno Ranch. With luck she has found her permanent owners but they are using the lease to own option still. I think L wants to know if the girls will keep up with horse ownership as school activities get into full swing. At worst if they decide they cant handle horse ownership they will have put a lot of condition and training on Lady so the situation is ideal for me whatever happens.

No comments: