Sunday, April 20, 2014

Two more 5 mile rides, took down some fence wires

Inching along on the replacing the fence line for Grey and Shade's pen.  I didn't re-block them from their little trees quick enough and they took off a bunch of bark.   I'm hoping they didn't girdle more than the twin branch on one of them but its quite possible both trees will die.  Stupid horses, stupid me for suggesting letting them graze the grass a bit and forgetting that Dad never pays enough attention that he would notice the grass was down and he needed to block them.   Oh well I hate to see trees that had gotten to 15-20 feet and would have provided some shade die but I'm not a tree hugger and I sure am not going to do the hippie crying if they die.

Rode about 5 miles yesterday and today.   A fairly decent pace Saturday even with L and Lady.  Pretty decent amount of trot and canter today.   I need to start getting longer rides and hills in on weekends if I want to go to WY for the ride on Memorial day.  I'm not wildly enthusiastic to go for that ride's sake but want to go to get the exposure on Sadie and get a feel for whether it'll make sense to try to move up to 50s with her this year. 

I did some beer therapy yesterday after the tension headache was back as a minor nuisance though not serious pain in the morning before riding with L.   Seemed to help quite a bit so I had another beer after riding Sadie this morning before going out to dink a bit on the fence.   I'm feeling pretty confident that whatever sinus thing I had is being snuffed out by the antibiotics and I just has coincidental tension and neck/back of head spasm pains from not having my temporary replacement monitor at the right height at work.   

No comments: