Saturday, April 5, 2014

arghh allergies or cold go away already. Nice little ride today at least

Was stuffy this morning with pressure on my ears and a mild headache.   Sis called and said she'd had similar situation after having flu and nurse recommended taking mucinex and sudafed.  So I'm already taking sudafed although couldn't recall if I'd taken one this morning, so took the 2nd rate 4 hr stuff rather than possibly doubling.   But added mucinex.   I guess its working -- I don't feel so stuffy but the post-nasal drip is making my throat sore.   Maybe I need to buy a dust mask for feeding hay,  so sick of this,  I keep thinking a sinus infection may have set in, but then I don't get persistent pressure that keeps bouncing back in one spot and my infections always manifest with that symptom.


OK breaking away from the whining.  I had a nice ride on Sadie this afternoon.  Went about 4.6 miles total.  Took her to the highway and across the irrigation ditch on the road,  had her step over some large trimmed tree branches next to the ditch road and then she volunteered to cross the ditch where I got off wednesday and led her down so we crossed there and I let her head home instead of trying to bump the mileage up any higher.   I did get a load of laundry done and made spaghetti with the Italian ring sausage that Dad accidentally had the butcher do with the deer instead of getting our normal bulk sausage,   It tasted fine in the spaghetti sauce, slight pita having to boil it up and slice it vs just browning and crumbling bulk sausage.  Possibly would not have to boil it but I didn't want to risk not getting it cooked through.  The old mozzarella that had been lurking in the freezer compartment I cleaned out last weekend tasted fine.    Good thing I bought 2 cans of spaghetti sauce,  started with just one and didn't have enough sauce to match the amount of noodles and sausage so had to dump the 2nd can in. 

No comments: