Wednesday, April 2, 2014

3 more rides

Had a nice ride this morning.   Nice change after Sunday when Sadie was so goofy I rode her in Shade and Grey's paddock rather than going down the road.  She was ok in the paddock, some high bounce canter and 180's but nothing major.    Saturday I rode her 4 miles.

Today we crossed some logs and the dry irrigation ditch.  Not in the good spot because there was an EEK cardboard box several yards from there.  So went to the other spot, got off and led her down the bank since its kind of steep on that side.  Then got on and up the ditch, back into it and towards the good spot but when she got within site of the box she went  "I can pop up right here" --which I knew she could, but had worried that I might not stay with her when she did it.

Finished my Federal taxes.  Well if I just take my standard deduction I'm done.   and I will not mess with itemizing this year because if you give more than $250 *at a time* you're supposed to get some extra documentation vs just having the canceled check or whatever if I read the instructions right. 

Plus if I itemize on the federal I have to add the state tax deduction back and if I take the std deduction I can deduct the charity for state level taxes on top of it.  It may be more money overall out of my pocket although I haven't done the full math but way less hassle given that dumb extra documentation unless one gives multiple smaller donations federal rule and as long as this state keeps electing liberals to screw good folks to fund the FSA there is satisfaction in giving them as little as possible even if it may be a bit more out of my pocket vs giving the feds less and them more. 

No comments: