Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Another 5 mile ride this morning with L and Lady

Lady was a head tossing pill.   L was worried something was wrong with equipment or Lady felt crummy or something.  Finally I just put on my german dressage instructor hat and barked "just get after her and push her through it" and picked up a trot.   Lady did keep doing some head tossing even at the faster gait but not quite as much.    Spring skeeters and other bugs are newly thick and I think that was the problem but do not know.   Truly was one of those times where I don't think the horse is being harmed and figure they can  just work through some minor discomfort.  After all I have to do so  fairly often in working to keep them in hay and grain.

Sunday night Dad was watching Marley and Me.  I made the correct call not seeing it in the theatre or renting it (hardly a call as I never seem to go watch or even rent movies in these last several years, even ones I'd like to support like Lone Survivor or the Atlas Shrugged movies they made.)   Marley and me was quite a good TV movie, but I should have been smart and not watched the end where the dog is old and the guy has to take him to the vet to be PTS.    Oh well since I'm wrapping up antibiotics but with a few days left its probably the best timing I could have for flooding my sinuses with all those tears.   I try to avoid doing that often because with the rhinitis crying for more than a minute or 2 is like spreading a banquet for bacteria and like ants to a picnic they do show up all too often.

I remember some catty folks on my horse board ripping on the dumb couple for getting a difficult dog for their first pet etc when it first came out as a book.  Perhaps as a book it did rather drip with "you dummies" but the movie was good, it was clear that Marley with his antics was a good muse for the newspaper writer who perhaps exaggerated the problems as column fodder at times and the dog was great with the kids once they were past the too easy to knock over toddler years.  I thought Jennifer Aniston was well cast as the wife,  pretty & sweet but needy and whiney at times and Owen Wilson did a pretty good job as a dude growing into husband and father responsibilities  from wanting to be like his single friend that chased both stories and chicks.

No comments: