Thursday, April 10, 2014

still feeling whiny with sinus/allergy, two more rides on Ms Sadie

Tuesday I repeated the Sunday 4.6 mile ride but w/o going over any branches.   Sadie stopped in the dry irrigation ditch to wait for her treat.   So much nicer than if she was rushing and lunging up the other bank right away.

L came out today.   Lady seemed fine,  I kept Sadie behind so Lady would pick her own pace,  she did  quite a bit of her corto gait and some cantering and we went 4 miles.   L is going to have to start taking Claritin before coming out,  grass or weeds are throwing allergens and she was sneezing and itching.   Yesterday early in the day I thought that adding in Mucinex to my allergy fighting regimen was turning the tide and making me feel fine but I work up this morning very stuffy and with a mild headache that has mostly lasted all day, possibly some tension headache and not extra sinus issues though -- I stayed at work wrestling with tar baby of programming issue and then stayed up watching the "end" of Justified --it  was an extra long episode I guess,  got home around midnight and the show ran until after 12:35;   But I don't feel too bad right now and don't a lot of drugs on board.

  I couldn't tell if it was the season finale or not.  Kind of seemed like wrapping up and setting a hook for the next season but then I'd heard that this year might be the final season.   Maybe next year is the last season or this year might have been but they worked out negotiations with "Raylon"  I'm blanking the actor's name although I know I've read it and heard it multiple times.  Or maybe they are going to wrap things up with the new lady crime boss in a last couple of episodes, I have not had enough ambition to try to look it up on the net.  I'll find out soon enough.

Sunday was nice weather and I felt good in the morning but I had asked Dad to work on the fencing project he first mentioned he wanted to do at some point 2-3 years ago.   We got 9 posts set and my arms were sore and I was tired from tamping them in + getting cold as the weather was changing.  We didn't get back out to finish things up although it got nicer later in the afternoon but Dad has been working on the project by himself so Yay him.   It is going to be really nice to have the new fence line.  It will look good and I won't feel like I can only put Grey and Shade in there  --- they are so very good staying in a fence even if they could crawl through it; plus they get along real well and are not my main riding horses so I don't worry about them getting cut and put out of commission.

I *have* a new plan to try with my work issue.  Hoping it will work well.

That was yesterday.   Today I woke with my typical sinus infection symptom so got into my HMO and got a prescription for some antibiotics.   Hopefully that will kick the issue.  

No comments: