Thursday, April 24, 2014

Rode 3.5 or so miles this morning.

I got a late start so was only going to take a quick 3 mile ride.   But Ole was not coming so I doubled back.  Didn't see him, thought maybe he snuck past me on the dirt road when I was going down the field or was looping through the CRP.   He had not  and hadn't shown up after I piddled around bit, putting bug spray in Sadie's ears and taking pics of Grey in the halter my horseboard friend sent.

Then I was getting late to get to work and didn't want to miss meeting if we had it since I had just been late yesterday after starting late and then having to double back and go a few miles around when some poor sods were in a car wreck and the cops had traffic stopped.   As often happens when I decide not to do something at home because 'I should not miss the blankity meeting'  there was no formal meeting although I discussed a couple of things with peers.

Hopefully Dad found Ole.  Normally I wouldn't have worried over much and would have just cussed Ole for blowing me off cuz he was eating something when I came back from my turn-around point but the news had a story about someone leaving poison in a park a couple days ago.  I was not near any park but since the dog had not finished up and come home when I'd been there over 30 minutes the poison association kicked up in my mind.

p.s.   Ole was fine.   One of the subdivision folks was walking his dogs along the ditch so Ole joined them I guess.   Dad drove down to the ditch twice cuz he didn't see Ole, thought maybe dog was visiting on one of the subdivision roads, checked that out and then went back and saw Ole had crashed the dog walk.   He was stiff and sore but no aspirin last night or this morning.  He had one on Wednesday night and then blew me off thursday so betweeen the "too many aspirins in a row will upset your stomach" and "that is how you thank me for giving you something to make you feel better" he just has to lump it at least until tonight. 

No comments: