Saturday, February 22, 2014

woot --Finally broke 5 miles this year.

Only went 6 miles but not too bad and puts the weekly mileage at 20.  Not too bad,  the weather has not been fully cooperating.   Just windy and a bit cold keeping me on the couch the days I skipped so it was not that I couldn't have gotten in the saddle; weather was just not enticing me to get out there. 

Did a fair amount of cantering on Sadie and I think she is doing very well with the heart/lungs part of conditioning.   I just need to get more miles and be committing to haul out and do some hill work soon and I think I can have a good ride season on her.

I looked at the ride schedule and decided there are only 2 rides that I would maybe want to attend but are not happening because they are on consecutive weekends w other rides I want to do so it would not make sense to try to do any kind of lease of a second competition horse.  I *may* put out some tentative feelers just for riding someone's spare horse at an event which would not be nearly the effort or commitment that conditioning and hauling the horse to rides would be but I may content with just what Sadie and I can do together and maybe try to do some fencing etc.  

No comments: