Sunday, February 16, 2014

Nice ride today

Only went about 4.1 miles but it was fun.   Ole enjoyed it too.  I was about too warm at the start, even though I left my windbreaker off and just had the heavy sweatshirt.  I wouldn't have needed my silkies under my jeans today.   Should have had them, or even warmer long johns yesterday.  I went for a short ride with just jeans, had my down coat on top over just a t-shirt and a silk balaclava under my helmet and was chilly from my legs getting cold, cut the ride to barely 2 miles.

Today before I rode I cleaned out the gutter on our horse shed.   It had not had a noticeable overflow until our last snow, the melt was overflowing the gutter and making slick frozen puddle right where I walk to get hay.   So today things were thawed enough I was able to scoop the leaves and gunk out of the gutter. 

No comments: