Tuesday, February 18, 2014

get off my lawn --have to stop channeling my grandfather

I normally manage to feed my inner pollyanna instead but am having to figuratively sit on my hands not to channel my deceased grandfather with his zero tolerance for fools, grumpy, judgmental attitude the last couple of days with various stuff people are posting at blogs and BBs I read.   It is absolutely not my place to tsk tsk someone who last posted about oh my doc is going to get me on SSDI for back pain for pursuing weight loss surgery; I ought to applaud it as perhaps she will return to the workforce if the country ever rebounds from the Oconomy.   And so on.

 I do not know full stories on that and the other hand sitting stuff and I don't join the liberals in thinking that society should set up endless bureaucratic agencies as if people as a group are too dumb to make wise decisions for themselves but having joined a bureaucracy they will suddenly be smart enough to decide better for other folks w/o having to live with consequences of their decisions.  And I do think that mentally judging people is a start down the slippery slope to thinking society, or I suppose liberals think it would be some smarter, better slice of society needs to take charge because 'see how dumb, greedy, selfish .... whatever people are?'. 

******
I did some horse pen cleaning on my long weekend.  Should have done more but on Sat. the tractor had a flat tire which I did not notice until I had gone 'geesh I can't get around in the wet sand, I give up'  Sunday I didn't feel like messing with it.   Monday L came out about 11:15 and we rode and then I got out the tractor and  had just done a little bit of cleand and the fuel filter and line clogged and I had to get dad to fix it,  I didn't know if it was a bit of water in the fuel or what was going on.  He blew the dirt or whatever  blocking the fuel line back into the tank to get it going and had A spare fuel filter for the tractor so after he got it running again and I was doing some more cleaning when it hesitated just a bit at one point I got nervous and cut the project short.   Plus I was tired of messing with it and wanted to just go have a beer.   So that may tipped my mood into grumpy cynical mode a bit. 

Today dad had someone out to get some information from them about installing solar panels.  Sighhhh,  it may be a good thing to do if all the tax credits and PUC rebates etc apply.  I just hate that the decision is not a straight "is this a cost effective way to generate electricity" but comes down to "well how much boon-doggle cash are the fed and state governments handing out for folks to install solar?,  BUT if the gub'mints are going to throw out that money we may as well pick it up instead of leaving it on the ground for the next person. 

No comments: