Saturday, February 8, 2014

Abotion ramblings

 Post on AoSHQ Margaret Campbell (liberal dem columnist I guess) writing in support of Wendy Davis but is opposed to no limits abortions --does not approve of Wendy's fillibuster that temporarily halted Texas passing a law to ban abortions past 20 weeks and to make abortion clinics meet the same standards as general medical clinics.  I wrote up a long post on my thoughts and hit the banned IP.  I have floating IP#s at home and at least one of the #s in my pool is banned as spam bot or something.  So since I can't post there and be ignored I'll post here and be unread :P
+++++++++++++++++++++

If we could turn Alinsky back on the Dems it would be good. eg.  They say they are about protecting poor and minorities -- so why do they oppose making abortion clinics meet general clinical standards?   Is that not unfair to poor urban minorities who cannot afford to go to a regular hospital for an abortion? Do they want those poor women exposed to extra dangers that rich folks never need to think about?!  Why that is very KKK like attitude is it not?   --remind folks that the KKK was a Dem party invention.  

Also we should force them to explain why abortion needs to exist past 20 weeks except for medical exceptions such as mother just got diagnosed with cancer and needs to start chemo.  How is this ever a good choice for the mother?  In fact why do we not adhere to European standards on this? - which I believe is 16 weeks for their more liberal countries.   We (GOP or conservatives) are too often (like always) lured into debates on what level of limits there should be --and I for one do not believe that the  "I think life begins at conception"  tack is correct and I certainly don't think it will ever win minds from the 'moderates'   instead  we should be making THE DEMS explain why ie European
level limits should not be considered the civilized standard.    IMO we need to win that battle.

 Well IMO there is some point (absolute minimum for me would be day after pill when you know the condom broke or equivalent but unless I were convinced it would be more like the 6 week period whre RU-486 will work) where abortion  IS just an individual moral choice and having laws to ban it would be as bad as saying everyone had to go to a state sponsored church weekly.

  But also IMO,  not having ANY limits, and a woman can go and abort at 8 months in Albuquerque is like saying "well If you don't approve of murder just don't commit one"   We should make Dem's explain why its OK for a mother to murder an 8 month old fetus that would survive without even needing much  medical care.  In fact if that is OK do they really even care if mothers smother their weeks old infants?   How can they manage to parse that?    We need to make the Dem. radicals  answer that question instead of having to say "Oh we as a group don't ever intend to let any fanatics outlaw B/C pills, or even 'day after' contraception."   Every conservative candidate asked about abortion should say "I think we should emulate Europe (or pick A European country) and I'd like to know why my opponents do not agree that this is a civilized compromise between a mother's privacy and a nations' duty to protect innocent life."   Then if they are pro-life they can say "but on a personal level I would beg my daughter to preserve life and choose adoption if she were pregnant and did not feel like she was ready to become a parent" 

No comments: