Thursday, February 13, 2014

ach, what a workday.

Must qualify because I enjoyed my morning.  Its back to nice temps and melting the snow and I had a lovely, albeit only 2 miles long ride on ms Sadie.

Then got another email nudge about two sites that have been missing in my recent ground processing and found that I had messed up my scripts to fetch them after various cpu failures in preceeding weeks.  Ooops, but at least I got that straightened out.

On to debugging some new stuff I'm working on for the satellite processing group.   I didn't get any bugs tracked down and fixed -- what I did find was that our monitoring web page is all out of whack.  Of course I noticed this after the webmaster had left for the day.   Its still basically BS but it can just stay that way until the regulars get in tomorrow morning.

Then I found that one site of a set of internet streaming data that I was getting that is supposed to be from a site near Guam, (cue the congressman Hank Johnson jokes about tipping over :P ) is actually data from a site in Canada.

 I am amazed that the processing software has been functioning at all.   I get data from the actual Canada site as well as from this *should be near Guam site but is sending out the Canadian site data or something*  and the software really dislikes having zero length baselines.   Somehow it must have been tossing either the actual or fake site and carrying on most of the time. 

 I went through a bit of panic that I was mixing data when I decimated from 1hz to 30 second sampling, but that is just changing the order of what is observed and then that the software that is collecting the data messes it up --but I think that the group that operates the near Guam site is doing the scrambling since I am getting results that don't look like total crap from  the processing of my 100 sites, only their one site is wonky and they only *theoretically* put data from that one site into the data streaming service.  

So I sent off late evening emails basically saying "this wrong --you fix now"


No comments: