Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Holy Toledo, we need a lot of hay

Figured up roughly how much hay we should buy this summer just to have a year's supply to get though until next summer.  Crikey with what I think are reasonable #'s we need at least 900 bales.   That is going to be a bite if its $10-$12 per bale again.   No wonder I'm seeing fresh rounds of cheap horses on CL this year.  

But maybe it will make part leases appealing if I put ads out for some of the twerps we have that are barely getting ridden.   I've been on the verge of submitting ads and then had cold feet a couple of times now in the last couple of months.     I'm still not wild about the whole process, its a bit of a time suck but its sure been nice having L come and ride Lady so I get riding company some and I don't feel like a horse collector who has a ton of horses that only get looked at in the paddock.   Would like to get that going for at least one of AJ, CJ or Razz, maybe get the mini's gelded and make dad do a bit of driving with them so they have some possibility of usefulness and could possibly be salable.


No comments: