Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Started the new year with a ride at least

Rode Sadie on the last Sunday in 2012 with L on Lady and rode Shade a couple miles on the January 1 holiday.    Both rides were a bit cool, but I was dressed warm enough.   Poor L was under-dressed for the wind on Sunday.   I keep telling her to at least wear long johns under jeans.  She'll figure it out if she makes it out on colder days.   Last year I got sick in December and it lingered + she was traveling to visit relatives and in-laws over the holidays and then a bunch for work so she just didn't make it out when it was colder. 

I have been cooking a little bit more at home.   I don't know that I'll do more than 1 meal a week once I'm back to 5-day work weeks but for now its cool.   Dad doesn't find my cooking that good or doesn't care for eating leftovers or both.   Probably both.   Some of the stuff I've made I was not wild about how it ended up tasting and he is picky but some stuff I thought turned out pretty good that I made a big batch of, he eats it maybe one or 2 more meals and I end up taking it to work to eat myself to get it ate up before it goes bad.    Guess I'll limit how much I make if he'd rather eat soup and sammiches  or popcorn and jerky or whatever than re-heat meals.   

I should come up with a plan to do some more socializing of some kind.  I hate most social venues (any large sized group of people and especially in loud settings like a bar or many parties) but when the country collapses and it will happen at some point; I probably wont be able to substitute internet interactions for real life social contact. 

No comments: